Vegan or Creamy Chicken Noodle Asparagus and Mushroom Comfort Food
Posted on 12 March 2019
Easy to make but yet so delicious and with all of us still fighting colds and flu season, if you can make it w chicken broth even better!
1. cook egg noodles to directions on package (4 cups)
2. Add the below ingredients together in a large pot and stir till heated
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup ( for vegan use creme of celery)
- 3 cups of chicken broth ( for vegan use vegetable broth)
- 4 oz of creme cheese
- 1 T of garlic salt
- 1 Tsp of black pepper
- 2 cups of fresh mushrooms sliced
- 2 bunch of asparagus steamed in a paper towel in the microwave for 3 minutes. remove from paper towel and cut 1 bunch into bite size pieces. use second bunch of asparagus to layer on top
6 chicken tenderloins roasted at 325 for 30 minutes or 4 chicken breasts roasted at 325 for 45 minutes (optional)
once large pot of ingredients are heated, add cooked egg noodles. stir till covered. Add to a 13x9 inch pan. top with shredded monterey jack cheese or mix of cheddar and colby cheese. cover with foil bake for 40 minutes at 350.
after 40 minutes uncover and add diced roasted chicken to top and heat for another 10 minutes.
let stand 10 minutes before serving. I like to serve in cups or bowls and add extra cheese! enjoy!